Box Tops Special Event Photos!
Thanks to everyone who came out on Tuesday, August 26th for our annual Box Tops night at Wakefield Food Lion! It was wonderful to see so many of you supporting our school.
Box Tops Classroom Competition
Remember that we are running a classroom competition the winning class from each grade that collects the most Box Tops from now until October 17th will receive a special prize. Thank you for clipping every cent counts.
Click here for flyer.
2015-2016 Calendar Meeting
Thursday, August 28, 2014
WCPSS will host a parent meeting to discuss the board vote about our calendar for next year. The meeting will be in our multi-purpose room next Thursday, August 28, 2014, from 6:30-8:30pm. Members of the WCPSS student assignment office will be available to provide information and answer questions.
Walk to School Day
Thursday, September 4
Where: Wakefield TPC Golf Course front parking lot
When: 8am (Leave at 8:15am)
Students will take Wakefield Plantation Drive, and turn right on Kelway Drive. We will walk to Wakefield Pines Drive and turn right and cross at the school cross walk. The distance is 0.9 miles.
This is the first time that Track 4 students will be tracked in to participate in this international event. We would love to have as many people there as possible, so do your best to be a part of it!
Questions? Contact Mr. Hill at 562-3555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GoPlaySave or No-Fuss - you choose!
The PTA is excited to announce August 4th (Tracks 1,2, & 4) and August 18th (Track 3) as the launch date of one of our major fundraisers, the GoPlaySave coupon program! This will be the day your child will take home your fundraising packet with the traditional paper book to purchase and sell to friends and family. The program gives Wakefield Elementary PTA 50% of every sale. We have over 350 merchants participating this year. We will also have a mobile version available.
• Our school will have a link for you to forward to your family and friends enabling our school and your child to get credit for those online sales, or create your own custom link by clicking on the school link and following the simple steps.
• New this year is the option to pay for the paper book online with our school link! Books will be sent home with your student to distribute to people that purchase the paper book with our school link or your custom link.
• GoPlaySave will notify us of your mobile book sales and we will combine that with your paper book sales to determine your family’s total sales
• Incentives will be awarded to those who qualify and sell the most books
• View how the mobile book works! http://vimeo.com/70894859
If you would like to purchase books ahead of the launch date or have any questions, please contact
Cheryl Simpson at email@example.com.
Want more information? Check out the flyer.
For those of you who prefer to just make a donation, we have you covered! Just click here for the flyer.
2014-2015 SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN
For families in Tracks 1 to 3, you hopefully would have already received the 2014-2015 School Improvement Plan flyer in your Monday folder. If you haven't had a chance to read it yet - or you are in Track 4, the flyer details the school's Math, ELA and Climate goals, plus the various growth activities offered at Wakefield Elementary, which include some new things occurring at WES.
If you are interested in reading more, click here for the flyer.