OPEN HOUSE & SCHOOL STORE!
Tracks 1, 2 & 3 July 24th
Track 4 August 7th
The Open House for Tracks 1,2 and 3 is this Thursday, July 24. Track 4 will have their Open house on August 7th.
There will be an opening session at 5:30pm in the Multipurpose Room, which will include an introduction of the new PTA Board, plus information about Title I, the Y after school programs, carpool, and the new Bright Beginnings program.
The Opening session will be followed by two identical classroom sessions. Note that the 3rd grade team will be meeting int he Media Center instead of their classrooms, to review Read to Achieve.
Times are as follows:-
5:30 - 6:05pm - Opening Session
6:05 - 6:45pm Session 1
6:50 - 7:30pm Session 2
The PTA will have the School Store open for the first time this year
so make sure you bring cash or check to purchase your spiritwear!!!! There will also be a Membership and Volunteer table for people wanting to sign up on the night.
JOIN US FOR OUR FIRST
SPIRIT NIGHT OF THE YEAR!
August 12, 13 and 14, 11am - 10pm
To kick off the year, we will be having a three day Spirit event at Sweet Spoons! The class with the most attendance will win a FREE fro-yo party!!! Just remember to be sure to write your teacher's name on the receipt and place in the basket, so your class gets credited.
Didn't see the flyer? Click here.
We look forward to seeing you!
GoPlaySave or No-Fuss - you choose!
The PTA is excited to announce August 4th (Tracks 1,2, &4) and August 18th (Track 3) as the launch date of one of our major fundraisers, the GoPlaySave coupon program! This will be the day your child will take home your fundraising packet with the traditional paper book to purchase and sell to friends and family. The program gives Wakefield Elementary PTA 50% of every sale. We have over 350 merchants participating this year. We will also have a mobile version available.
• Our school will have a link for you to forward to your family and friends enabling our school and your child to get credit for those online sales, or create your own custom link by clicking on the school link and following the simple steps.
• New this year is the option to pay for the paper book online with our school link! Books will be sent home with your student to distribute to people that purchase the paper book with our school link or your custom link.
• GoPlaySave will notify us of your mobile book sales and we will combine that with your paper book sales to determine your family’s total sales
• Incentives will be awarded to those who qualify and sell the most books
• View how the mobile book works! http://vimeo.com/70894859
If you would like to purchase books ahead of the launch date or have any questions, please contact
Cheryl Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want more information? Check out the flyer.
For those of you who prefer to just make a donation, we have you covered! Just click here for the flyer.
2014-2015 SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN
For families in Tracks 1 to 3, you hopefully would have already received the 2014-2015 School Improvement Plan flyer in your Monday folder. If you haven't had a chance to read it yet - or you are in Track 4, the flyer details the school's Math, ELA and Climate goals, plus the various growth activities offered at Wakefield Elementary, which include some new things occurring at WES.
If you are interested in reading more, click here for the flyer.